Welcome back friends. I hope you will allow me to be presumptuous, “I am certain you missed Get Real Lorain during the past two weeks.” Meanwhile on a serious note, I hope you all have found enjoyment over the holidays; or for some, enjoying the fact that they are over…
I rarely make resolutions for New Years, but in 2016 I set one. As pathetic as it was, I can say, “I did it!” Are you ready to hear my astounding achievement? I resolved not to have any NSF (insufficient funds, bounced check) fees at my bank. Meanwhile, thank goodness for overdraft protection.
For 2017, I figure I can strive for a higher pinnacle: No NSF without protection & no late fees. Whoa!
Baby steps, right?
For 2017 I had a one word challenge presented. Choose one word to meditate on work toward and dream about. My word is INTENTIONAL.
In addition to enjoying both of the blogs related to these images, the graphics sum up the heart of the matter for me.
Most of the SEOs for intentional involved being a better mom, wife, salesman or Christian. I don’t feel any of those roles are my goal. With all the chaos in my family, my brain is constantly spinning. So what if I become intentional?
- More energy. Thinking this out, would I have more energy? I could eat better, exercise and be intentional with my health.
- Less anxiety. Could this result in a better emotional state? By choosing which thoughts to focus on, to choose gratitude, to stay focused would be marvelous.
- Better relationships. Will I be a better friend, calmer parent or a gracious spouse? I would like to think these would be natural outcomes, but we shall see.
- Higher productivity. Will my sense of purpose grow? I have other business ideas, I have hobbies never enjoyed, whole days lost to Netflix.
- Longevity. Can this be sustained? More than any of the above, I want to enjoy myself, my life and leave a legacy.